Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Office Cube Panels -- Part 2



Wow, this is a huge job, but definitely satisfying. Well, all the panels are constructed. Just to recap thats: 11 4'x6' panels, 3 18"x6' panels, and 3 12"x6' panels. Now to the finishing. I filled all the nail holes that attached the plywood panels to the frames. I used my trusty Porter Cable brad nailer and compressor with 18 gauge brand to attach the 1/4" plywood. So every panel had 25 to 30 nail holes on each side. I have to admit the sanding wasn't a fun job. My Bosch detail sander was perfect for smoothing out the filler on the nail holes and the Porter Cable half-sheet sander was great for finishing off the job. I was very tedious given the number of panels, but I plugged in my iPod and spent the day getting it done. Now all the panels are ready for finish. I need to get on this because we are moving into our new office so these need to get done. Stay tuned for lots of posts as this project winds down.

No comments:

Post a Comment